VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Electrolysis
Assess, prepare for and carry out an electrolysis treatment to remove unwanted hair permanently.
- Use different types of electrical current (Diathermy, Galvanic and blend)
- Advise clients on the care needed after electrical epilation
- Maintain effective health, safety and hygiene procedures throughout all procedures
- Recognise salon hazards, carry out risk assessments and then implement the necessary actions
- Monitor and support your colleagues to ensure your salon complies with health and safety requirements
- Implement and supervise salon procedures for all aspects of salon safety and security, including the need for insurance and licensing
- Provide appropriate client care through communication giving clear and precise information to educate and manage client expectations
- Adapt client care using different communication skills to meet the needs of different people
- Use specific anatomy and physiology in relation to the treatment
The course will include:
- Classroom study and course input with an educator
- Practical guided application using a digital electrolysis machine
- Guided home study – assignments
- Formal written assessment days in the training centre
- Practical assessments & case studies working with clients
Progression routes after successful completion of level 3 are:
- Assessment for membership to the BIAE (British Institute and Association of Electrolysis)
- Working towards Level 4 – Award in Skin Blemish Removal
Class sizes are kept small to ensure each learner has the opportunity to obtain all the practical and theoretical skills to confidently and successfully achieve the VTCT qualification and to meet the industry standards.
Requirements you’ll need to be accepted for this course
NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy or equivalent.
A qualification in anatomy and physiology, or be willing to achieve this. There are a few courses available.
Be willing to wear a uniform, have short fingernails, no nail polish, closed toe shoes, plus long hair pulled back off your face. This meets with the National Occupational Standards; which we are very keen to uphold.
This course is suitable for nurses.
How long will it take you to be qualified?
- 15 days! over three months – one day per week
- Positive Pathways offer the training part time
- This qualification will give YOU the opportunity to become self-employed or employable to work in a salon. Now more than ever, electrologists are a MUST HAVE in every salon. Employers are looking for the best!
- Being electrologists we not only specialise in hair growth and skin, but most importantly we have a PERMANENT SOLUTION to unwanted hair growth.
Our focus is on how YOU will progress. From learning to being qualified, to being employed or self employed!
Training takes 15 days. Delivered over a period of three months – one day per week with home study required.