The Gemini Beauty Academy is a small registered private training establishment, offering a range of National and International training courses through one of the largest awarding bodies for beauty, nails and complementary therapies, VTCT (Vocational Training Charitable Trust), we also hope to offer City and Guilds qualifications in the near future.
Our tutors are highly experienced trainers, qualified teachers and qualified therapists and nail technicians with extensive depth and breadth of knowledge in their individual fields of specialism. Tutors are friendly and approachable with a passion to see students achieve high standards of professionalism and skills to equip them for employment. To date we have 100% success rate with majority of students achieving between 92% and 100% in written exams and 100% success in achieving full qualifications.
Angela Wheat of Gemini Beauty and Denise Wright of The Denise Wright Nail Academy have joined forces and are now able to offer a wide range of beauty, nail services and complementary therapy courses. Training takes place at two sites, one in Larkfield at Gemini Beauty, the other at our satellite centre, the Nail Academy in Hartley, near Longfield, Kent. Both centres are located in quiet residential areas and offer modern facilities specifically created for beauty, nails and complementary therapies.
The key to any student’s success is a passion to learn and the desire to have an interesting and rewarding career along with teachers who are passionate about the subjects they teach and offer a supportive and flexible approach to learning.
Gemini Beauty Academy offers a variety of short intensive training courses from one day to several months as a flexible training solution for self-motivated students who are either unable to attend a traditional full time college course, wish to fast track into the field of beauty therapy or prefer a more personal approach to learning. Unlike many F.E. colleges and many other training schools Gemini Beauty Academy offer either one-to-one or small group sizes of no more than 6 students.
Students can learn at their own pace, selecting the type of course that suits their needs. On successful completion of a course students are able to transfer their skills and knowledge to commence another course gradually building up units of qualifications until they have achieved their long term goal. Courses are available on Mondays, evenings and some Saturdays/Sundays.
We offer three types of training at the Gemini Beauty Academy.
- Gemini Beauty Certificates (GBC) which are suitable for;
- Individuals who want to commence a foundation course in beauty therapy, or nail technology.
- A refresher course (tailored for individual needs).
- Complete a course for continuous professional development.
These are particularly suitable for therapists who have either been out of the industry for a while and want to update their skills or are nervous of carrying out specific treatments e.g. Electrolysis, electrical face, waxing and body treatments.
We recommend a trade test to identify which skills require more development than others and then formulate an individual training programme and action plan.
- VTCT courses are internationally recognised qualifications either NVQ or VRQ, comprising of practical and theoretical workshops to develop underpinning knowledge and practical skills along with home study which forms a portfolio of evidence for exam board comprising of assignments, work sheets and case studies followed by practical and written examinations held at the Academy on specified dates. These qualifications will allow graduates to work in a variety of venues within the beauty industry, including salons, health farms, nail bars, cruise liners, spas and as self-employed therapists.
- We also offer an introductory day course in fibre glass, acrylic or gel techniques for nail technology as foundation to a formal NVQ or VRQ qualification.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us;
Beauty and complementary therapies training – 01732 842279 or 07749 589414
Nail technology training – 01474 707077
We are happy to discuss your requirements and arrange a free introduction.